Monday, November 12, 2007

Flooring Is Fun-da-mental, Not!

I've been out-of-pocket recently getting new ceramic tile installed in my house and let me tell you, it's a lot of work. It's not fun and it will make you a mental case. I had to come back to my "real" job to get some rest. At any rate I haven't done anything earth shattering in WoW since the infamous Shadow Labs run. I've been blowing through some quests out in Netherstorm and while there I've been farming motes of mana to sell at the AH so I can earn some bank. Let me just reiterate again that I really do despise leatherworking. It is pure unadulterated evil. Anyway I went out to Tanaris last night to farm scorpid scales so I could raise my skill a bit, I managed to get 13 scales plus I bought a few more and then I was finally able to craft three items. Couple that with the two Dragonscale Breastplates I made and I managed to raise my skill 5 more points to a whopping 270. Does anyone know a better/faster way to raise leatherworking? I really can't even imagine getting my skill up to 375. Hell will freeze over before that happens, and you can take that to the bank. Leatherworking is a "Bad Mr. Kitty" and I don't want to play with it any longer.

/throws a temper tantrum on the new floor.

Oh how I miss those delightful herbs! The floors are quite nice though.

9 comments:

Pict said...

/agree
Lw in the 200s range sucks, especially when all you have to make is turtle and scorpid mail

Syralis said...

Hey Pea,

Yeah that's basically all I can make and there is almost never enough scorpid scales in the AH so then I'm forced to farm it like a mindless madman.

Pict said...

OMG I KNOW I HATE THAT WHY DOESN'T ANYONE GET OUT AND FARM SOME GODDAMN SCALES FO' MEH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Syralis said...

Hehe...I know what you mean. It's really bad when the drop rate sucks and you're stuck out there killing for hours at a time. And then you have enough to raise the skill 2 points. I did raise my skill 10 more points last night and it cost me like 100 gold to do it. So now I'm at 280. I really want to get it to 300 so I can start making some halfway decent armor. :-)

Pict said...

Well, at lvl 1 we thought that greys were the bees knees, so "half way decent" all depends on your perspective

Webmosher said...

Assuming you're still at 270 and just leveling, try the following:

Wicked Leather Bracers to 285
120 Rugged leather

Wicked Leather Headbands to 300
180 Rugged leather

Knothide Leather to 310
100 Knothide leather scraps

Wild Draenish Gloves to 320
90 knothide leather
30 Rune Thread

Thick Draenic Boots to 325
50 Knothide Leather
15 Rune Thread

Heavy Knothide Leather to 335
50 Knothide Leather

Thick Draenic Vest to 340
70 Knothide Leather
15 Rune Thread

Felscale Breastplate to 350
140 Knothide Leather,
30 Fel Scales,
30 Rune Thread

Patch 2.3 added Heavy Knothide Armor Kit, and I do not know the minimum learn level. It might be less costly to start with this instead of the Felscale above:

Heavy Knothide Armor Kit to 360
50 Heavy Knothide Leather

This is where I am now, and beyond 360, its pretty much all primal oriented gear. These build off of just basic skinning and trade skill vendor mats for the most part.

All this is from http://www.blizzardguides.com/wow_leatherworking_guide.html

Saerath said...

www.almostgaming.com has some very good profession leveling guides too...the alchemy guide got my alchemy to 375 in about 4 hours of played time

Syralis said...

Wow, thanks for the help guys. I'll check that out.

Pict said...

Wow, now I see how stupid I am in comparison to smart people, I could have just looked, why oh why did I quit lw?! oh... right... my rogue still has it :)