Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Herbs Were My Friends!

Oh how I miss the days of picking those delightful pollen producing plants and then carting them off to market and selling them for a tidy profit. Those lovely herbs didn't make me rich but they were a steady source of income that I could really use right now. So one day, in Hunter Camp, I get this great idea. I'll drop herbalism and take up leatherworking that way I'll be able to learn a true trade skill, make some nice epic gear, and sell a few blue items along the way to supplement my cash flow. Umm, can I just say right here and now that I made one Hell of a big mistake? C'mon how hard is it to pick plants for cash? It's so easy even a caveman could do it. I started with herbalism and had it to 375 long before I hit 70. I didn't have to spend anything but time to raise the skill. Time, do you hear me? Just time, and not 100,000 gold pieces. And now look at me, a down-and-out, broke and destitute Night Elf Hunter wearing Tier Nada armor trying to scrape up enough cash just so I can buy a few mats to raise the stinking skill a few points. And if that's not bad enough I can't even give away the Dragonscale Gauntlets that I've made. I'm by no means a financial planner but even I can see that there's something horribly wrong with this picture. I think I read somewhere that leatherworkers have the second highest suicide rate in all of Azeroth (enchanters owning the top spot) and now I can certainly understand why. Leatherworking is bad, very bad. It scares my wife and she wants her herb garden back. Oh how I miss the herbs, the herbs were my friends.

4 comments:

Saerath said...

I thought I wanted to be an engineer once...and only once

Syralis said...

LOL, yeah that's another doozie! Really for pure money making I found skinning and herbalism to be a great combination. I pretty much always had some cash in my pocket.

Kysmet said...

Hey, Nirin is an enchanter. Course, it is suicide to run Uldaman by yourself to get to the enchanter trainer in there. =)

Syralis said...

Having a trainer in there is absolutely ridiculous. I can't even imagine having to go through all that crap.